(a small idea to guide the day’s work)
Why so serious?
(what do I plan to do)
- Figure out weird data stuff when POSTing email to backend server from AWS 🤷♂️
- Once we can get this thing into a proper JSON object, we can then:
- Parse the object
- Get the email data (mainly subject and body)
- Save the email in the DB
- And then the core feature is more or less “done” (huge asterisk)
What I got done
(plan != reality)
- Found a library to parse RFC 5322 messages into Clojure maps!
- Debugged our POST body woes: turns out Reitit uses a totally different middleware scheme than Compojure (big point in favor of “sticking with what you know” when it comes to your tools 😰)
- ALMOST got to the point of grabbing subject and body of the email for storage in DB!
For next time
(things referenced mid-stream)
- What is Startup in a Month?
- What is Mail File? Find out here!
- RFC 5322 email message spec. We’ve struck internet bedrock ⛏