(a small idea to guide the day’s work)
Don’t end the month with nothing
(what do I plan to do)
- More CRUD finessing, focusing on the story editing flow.
What I got done
(plan != reality)
We could do all this from a code perspective for a while, but NOW we can do the following from the app UI itself:
- Create a brand new story
- Save a brand new story in the database
- Get that new story’s randomly generated URL, pass it back to the frontend, and redirect to a new route based on that URL. All of which enables the user:
- To hit save once more on the same screen and EDIT that new story instead of creating a brand new story.
- Delete an existing story from the database!
CRUD finessing indeed 💪
For next time
- Fix our EDN-related data woes for hydrating app state from a saved story in the DB
- List out saved stories so a user can navigate to a saved story via the UI and view/edit it
(things referenced mid-stream)
- Douglas Adams found writing tortuous
- Don’t end the week with nothing
- O’Doyle Rules talk
- O’Doyle Rules library
- Dracula Pro theme: $115k and counting in revenue 😱
- Adam Savage One Day Builds, monologue on the journey of the learning process
- “You’re being shagged by a rare parrot”